Many of you asked and so here it is! My leg workout!
Now before we actually dive in, I must say that I am a former track, swimming, and rugby athlete so sometimes my workout can be rigorous. I am NOT A professional or certified physical trainer. If you do attempt to do this workout and it is too much for you. Please stop and rest. This workout is at your own risk.
I would advise starting out slow and with less repetitions (reps) and then work your way up to my workout. If you’re more advanced, of course add more reps or more weight!
Here it is! My leg workout! Now I do this once a week (the other days are designated for other areas of the body!)
I do my work outs in the morning so if I am running short on time, I split it up between the days.
There are a couple downloadable videos within the post just in case you’re wondering how some of it is done.
- 15 minute run or 10 minutes on the stair master
- 3 sets of 10 reps at 90 lbs
- 3 sets of 10 reps at 115 lbs
- 3 sets of 10 reps at 135 lbs IMG_1539
- LEG PRESS
- 3 sets of 10 reps at 90 lbs
- 2 sets of 10 reps at 90 lbs left leg and then right leg (keep the other leg up as support, just in case it is too heavy)IMG_1533
- CALF RAISES
- 3 sets of 15 reps at 30lbs
- 3 sets of 10 reps with weights or without weights depending on how I feel. I normally use 15-20 lbs dumbbell weights. Sometimes if I am really inspired, I will use the bar which equates to 45 lbs. IMG_1540
- STRETCH!!! This is SO important because you want to relieve muscle tension and loosen up. This also helps to prevent injuries.
That is all! If you try this workout, please let me know how this workout works out for you (ha! Get it?)! You can email me at email@example.com. If there is anything else that you would like to see please let me know!Continue Reading
How many of you have certain things or hobbies that peak your interests or are your passions?
Have you thought of those things? Keep that in the back of your mind.
We are all gifted in different areas with certain talents. These talents are unique to each and every one of us.
Growing up I had two main passions:
First was a curiosity for how things worked! As a little girl sitting on my bunkbed watching my father turn off the lights before going to sleep, I was always curious as to how the light was able to turn on and off.
How the television was able to display a picture. How the refrigerator kept things cold. How donuts were made, etc etc.
Did you ever wonder that? No… ok well moving on.
My Second passion was style and fashion. This is because I saw the way that personal style could transform a person. When a person was wearing their favorite outfit, their attitude shifted and you could see positive confidence radiating from them!
Throughout adolescence and into early adulthood, I learned very much about how things worked especially through engineering school.
During those years however, I was still neglecting one side of me, and that was the fashion and style side. I would look it up on the weekends, study different body shapes and always put outfits together but still that portion was not being fulfilled.
2011-2012 was when I really started to see social media platforms transform lives. From @mankofit who had about 4k followers at the time, to @thepatriciabright and her YouTube videos, I saw them doing what they loved and turning them into their passions. This was also when blogs were fairly new and my sister had one
It honestly didn’t hit me until I graduated college and thought “that’s it, I need to hop on this fashion train!” So I Googled literally every fashion show/event in my area and made it a thing to reach out to as many people as possible to try to get into the industry.
As I did that my “fashion network” began to grow and my passions were being fulfilled and I was starting to combing engineering with fashion and fashion with engineering. I like to bring my “Fashionista” to the office and with an office full of engineers….. let’s just say it is easy to stand out.
But see that is where the true problem lies. I love both, so why can’t I be both? At all times. Society has its way of keeping things separate. You can be this or that, not both.
Well society, FORGET YOU! Cause I am defying all odds and combining my passions.
When we combine our passions, these passions are our ANDS, as told by my dear friend Liz. When we utilize and combine our AND’s that is when those societal norms and barriers are broken. This is when we learn that it is ok to be many things and that being many things and utilizing many things makes us stronger.
So to you! Remember you’re talented, you’ve got gifts! Utilize your AND’s to tear down the societal walls!
Shoes: Angels in Flat Irons Mall
Bag: Urban Southern Use code VANESSA15 for 15% off your order!
Jewelry: NordstromContinue Reading
- Spring is here! With the trees budding, the flowers blooming, and temperatures slowly rising, it is the perfect time for new beginnings. Sometimes new beginnings involve a sacrifice. Recently, I had to make a difficult decision of staying in my beautiful apartment in the heart of Denver, or moving back to the suburbs with my parents. So many things went through my mind like “am I going backwards?” “what will people think about this?” “I am too old to be with my parents.” “Does this mean that I am not independent anymore?” Then I realized, I am not to live my life based on the standards of others. I had to take a step back and have several mental discussions with myself (yes, I talk to myself). It came down to the fact that I have dreams of doing so many things like traveling and buying a place of my own, possibly moving. By living in the apartment I loved, I realized that those things were not going to happen because I did not have one thing. Options. I also started to become comfortable and stagnant. Those two words allow fear to hinder one from pursuing their dreams. Being stagnant and comfortable all for the sake of where I lived, was not how I want to live my life. I fear being comfortable because when you’re “comfortable,” you’re not really comfortable just ok with a mediocre life. God did not give us life, so that we could live mediocrely. While most of the life is in the city, and the suburbs can seem a bit slow paced (to me), this is the sacrifice I must make in order to accomplish what I truly want and need and want to do! Now the hard part will be sticking to my budget and keeping these goals in mind, but that is a story for a later date. Is there something you need to sacrifice now for something you want more?
This romper cape is one I bought from Charlotte Russe last year and the one, linked is similar to the one below.
For more shopping details or a romper cape of your own, see below!
Romper: Charlotte RusseContinue Reading
What’s up y’all (yes I say y’all. A lot)?
Welcome to VANESSALAND where we do Life Together (LT).
This is the first official blog post and boy am I excited for the content to come! Considering that the focus of this blog was to create a community of people lifting one another up through what life throws at us, I figured that y’all should know a little bit about me right?
I was born and raised in Denver, Colorado but my family is from a tiny island in the Caribbean called Grenada.
Traveling is one of my favorite things to do! I’ve been all over the U.S., Europe, and the Caribbean.
My degree is in Electrical Engineering, and it was one of the most mentally challenging things I’ve ever done in my life.
My passions are style, fashion, women empowerment, and lively discussions.
I was tormented by a spirit for a couple years, and my life was made new when I turned to Jesus Christ.
Food. I am pretty sure this is my love language, and there is always time for it. #AMIRIGHT?
Mermaids do exist. Do not try to tell me otherwise.
As we get to know one another, we will dive more in to the details of each of our aspects of life.
Well ENOUGH, about me. What are some things you want people to know about YOU?